08 October 2010

I love you. I've always loved you. I've never loved anyone else. I never shall. That's the truth Roy.

photo courtesy vivandlarry.com
Day 2 | Favorite Vivien Leigh Film

My favorite Vivien Leigh film is 1940's Waterloo Bridge.  She made it right after Gone With the Wind, and it really showed people that she wasn't just a flash in the pan or a one-dimensional actress.
She plays a ballerina who falls in love with a soldier during World War One. As is the tradition of most wartime romance movies, things don't work out as the characters plan. However, what makes Waterloo Bridge different is its truly heartbreaking ending as well as Vivien's performance. It's so subtle and honest and totally beautiful. If you haven't seen this gem of a film, do yourself a favor and get out to a Barnes and Noble's and get yourself a copy.

No comments:

Post a Comment